The by-product generated from previous processes such as the Threshing Line, Primary production and Make & Pack, can be collected and used in the manufacture of a tobacco sheet very similar to that of natural leaves of tobacco. The sheet is then cut into strips for ease of blending with other tobacco types.
The tobacco by-products blend is thoroughly mixed before grinding to particles sized < 120µ, and then combined with a binder made up of natural gums. The tobacco powder is mixed with natural gum and this adhesive mixture is blended together with a liquid solution, in such a way as to form a slurry or dough/paste. The tobacco slurry is then cast on the dryer belt by means of a roll coater system, or a laminator to form the sheet, then dried to remove the excess water and subsequently cut and packed.
Our System offers the following benefits:
- With the COMAS system, all the tobacco material "by-products" (stems, scraps, dust, etc.), at a specific ratio that reflect the stock of this material and that meet the specific objectives of the final products, can be used.
- Unusually low natural adhesives addition such as Guar gum, tamarind or carboxymethyl cellulose.
- Low water addition is required (in the laminating process).
- Unusual energy saving by using a steam-pan and hot air impingement dryer combination.
- Up to date bio-cleaning working condition and low downtime.
- Functional space saving layouts and flexible attitude allow full response to any customers' requirements as concerns specifications and capacity.